Listing reference: atns_000245
Listing status: Under Review
Apply by: 3 February 2023
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
Job category: Internal Auditing
EE position: No
Applications are invited for the position of Internal Auditor (Grade 8) based at Bruma. The successful applicants will be reporting to the Senior Internal Auditor.
- Assist in developing the Annual Audit Plan, considering strategic plans and emerging risks
- Conduct a risk assessment of assigned department or functional area within established/required timeline
- Prepare a risk/control matrix for the area under review
- Develop an audit program based on the risk/control matrix
- Collaborate with the Senior Internal Auditor to determine scope of reviews
- Review the suitability of internal control design
- Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk,
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures
- Follow-up on prior audit issues and other projects and tasks as assigned
- Verbally communicate findings to senior management and draft a comprehensive and complete report of audit area
- Identify opportunities and drive an integrated audit approach between process audit and IT audit.
- Ensure data analytics (DA) are incorporated to enhance audit planning and create efficiencies in audit fieldwork. Ensure the efficient utilisation of tools to improve audit efficiencies (CAAT’s flow charts, research, analytical reviews)
- Manage and lead audits to ensure that they are completed within agreed time frames and budget, and in line with Internal Audit quality standards.
- Formal review at the end of each phase of the audit ie; planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Review evidence and audit working papers to ensure audit findings are adequately supported.
- Identify and clearly articulate thematic root causes and the impact thereof and recommend changes to business processes that will address the control weakness.
- Contextualise findings and recommendations in relation to wider related risk, control and governance issues
- Ability to incorporate fundamental principles, key issues and control themes emanating from other functional areas and assurance providers to ensure relevant and appropriate audit findings.
- Oversee debriefs with management when communicating the results of internal audit reviews.
- Identify and recommend best practice solutions to business processes that require improvement.
- Assist the Senior Internal Auditor with other operational and reporting activities as required.
- Identify opportunities for innovation in audit as well as client processes and develop practical solution to implement innovative practices.
- Ensure that the actual versus the improved /revised audit plan (including special request) achieve the required coverage.
- Assist in preparation of high-quality submissions to the relevant governance committees.
- Work to improve the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the Group’s governance, risk and control processes
- Represent Internal Audit at appropriate client forums and committees as required.
- Provide professional advice and consulting services to customers through competent staff.
- Spot potential conflict, bring disagreements into the open and help resolve these.
- Improve service delivery, create and drive a professional and service excellence culture in the team.
- Ensure that all client queries are dealt with proactively, accurately and within agreed timeframes by the team and yourself.
- Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and a wide relationship network across business units and within Internal Audit.
- Agree audit objectives and approach with the clients while satisfying internal and external audit requirements
- Examine legal, regulatory and business practices in order to identify and communicate inconsistences and potential solutions to senior management.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- 1-5 Years’ internal auditing experience
If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
ATNS is an equal opportunity employer that strives to achieve a diverse workforce broadly representative of our people. This position will be filled in line with the objectives of ATNS’ Employment Equity Plan and therefore candidates from designated groups as per the Employment Equity Act of 1998 are encouraged to apply.
People living with disabilities will be given preference in line with the with the EE Plan.