Officer In Charge FAGG
Listing reference: atns_000268
Listing status: Under Review
Apply by: 22 March 2023
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
Job category: Transport, Logistics and Freight
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: No
Applications are invited for the position of Officer in Charge (Peromnes Grade 10) based at George Airport. The successful applicants will be reporting to the M: ATS Cape Town. ATNS is seeking a candidate to ensure that the Air Traffic Service is provided in a safe and expeditious manner, in accordance with Company policy and ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARP’s), in order to meet and satisfy the reasonable requirements of the aviation community. To plan and implement procedures and projects and to supervise training and proficiency maintenance programs at FAGG.
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating his/her particular air traffic service in order to satisfy the reasonable requirements of the aviation community.
- Defining new operational requirements in the short medium and long term in order to maintain and enhance the ATS, making the necessary recommendations for implementation and managing approved implementation.
- Supervise on-the-job training to ensure competence of staff for the issuance of licenses and validation of ratings.
- Conduct station investigation for MATS on air traffic related incidents.
- Implement preventative measure aimed at eliminating breaches in service standards.
- Maintain records and report on traffic activity and all other phrases of operations for particular services as may be required by ATNS.
- Proposing and maintaining Station Standing Instructions for the ATSU as applicable.
- Execute Watch Supervisor duties where applicable and scheduled.
- Maintain a relevant and adequate level of knowledge of current service position in accordance with SARPS.
- Actively promote and manage safety through the companies Safety Management System.
- Ensure the maintenance and availability of all the necessary facilities, technical equipment and publications required for ATS personnel to successfully function.
- Ensure that ATC and associated services operate efficiently and is administered according to prescribed practices, policies and business rules.
- Ensure that all relevant contractual obligations of ATNS in terms of contractual air traffic service provision are met.
- Directing and scheduling the work of personnel under control, to conform to approved/prescribed ATC procedures and practices, thus ensuring that the service is continuous, and standards are met.
- Ensure full compliance with the terms of relevant contractual obligations of ATNS’ clients in terms of contractual air traffic service provision.
- Validated as an ATCO 3
- A valid Aerodrome and Approach Procedural and Radar Rating
- At least 2 years applicable function experience coupled to 2 years OJTI experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Service Orientation
- Judgment/ Problem Solving
- Information monitoring
- Ability to impart knowledge and concepts
- Good communication skills
- Motivationally fit
- Computer literacy
- An active and enquiring mind
- Operationally current
- Quality Orientation
- Sound interpersonal relationship
- Planning and organizing
- Good communication skills