ATNS is responsible for air traffic control in approximately 10% of the worlds airspace. Over and above traditional air traffic control, we also provide aeronautical information for planning purposes, search and rescue coordination services, the maintenance of a reliable navigation infrastructure, training services, and many more.
To be the preferred supplier of air traffic, navigation, training and associated services to the African continent and surrounding regions.
To provide safe, orderly, expeditious and efficient air traffic, navigation, training and associated services.
Applications are invited for the position of Target Generating Officer (Peromnes 12), based in Cape Town. The successful applicant will be reporting to Manager: SSS.
The successful candidate will provide simulator support functions in the SSS domain.
- Set up simulators in accordance with standard practice
- Attend pre-brief and de-brief with ATS Instructors and delegates
- Fly the exercises according to the objectives for the relevant exercises
- Manipulation of the simulator generated tracks via the available Air Traffic Management Display Simulator and Pilot Positions
- Comply with all OHAS and safety requirements applicable to the delivery and administration of training interventions
- Capturing, programming and testing of ICAO Flight Plan details into the simulator database to populate exercises for all training requirements within Air Traffic Services
- Coordinating with Air Traffic Services personnel in attaining real data when capturing and programming ICAO Flight Plan details into the simulator database to populate exercises for all training requirements
- Software change exercise creation, revision and testing
- Research, develop, write, program, test and re-engineer exercises to satisfy clients training requirements
- Research, program, test and re-engineer exercises and associated commodities for all disciplines
- Develop practical courseware (exercises, driver sheets)
- Maintaining the currency of training documentation by regularly cross referencing, reviewing and updating procedures relating to ATM and communication system functionality
- Maintenance (compile, review, update) of an aircraft type and performance quick reference file/book
- Maintain the IAIP currency by incorporating the published updates into the AIP files in the SSS
- Review and maintain to ensure that only current maps, charts and quick reference documents are available and when conducting training these documents are at the pilot position
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with clients, including suppliers/vendors
- Provide precise and timeous feedback to clients