ATNS is seeking a candidate to manage the day-to-day operation of the ARCC office and interact with the National SAR structures to ensure effective SAR
• Establish and maintain a Rescue Co-ordination Centre (RCC) to co-ordinate all participating search and rescue unit’s facilities within his area of responsibility.
• Establish as many Rescue Sub-Centers (RSC) as may be required for those portions of his area within the RCC that cannot exercise direct and effective co-ordination of Search and Rescue (SAR) facilities.
• Ensure that the RCC and RSCs conform to the SAR procedures, which have been established.
• Manage close liaison with other services, agencies and organizations, which have a SAR potential.
• Initiate liaison with SAR authorities of neighboring countries to ensure mutual and co-ordination during combined operations. This includes responses to neighboring States in emergencies when diplomatic channels are initially not followed.
• Sustain a trained team of SMC personnel to ensure continued operational readiness.
• Ensure that communication is established, and SAR frequencies assigned to units designated for SAR tasks. Communications are to be established with all other interested parties to ensure two-way alerting and dissemination of SAR information.
• Lead ARCC responses to SAR Missions.
• Inform Head of SAR Operations of any craft or unit in need of assistance and the initial actions taken.
• Deploy SMC’s for specific SAR missions.
• Monitor each mission closely until assistance is no longer required, the rescue has been affected or until the chance of success is no longer a reasonable possibility. When a search mission has been terminated, the RCC Chief is to report such action to the Head of SAR Operations.
• Establish and define responsibility first, when a SAR operation is to be executed, on or near the border of an adjoining SAR area and then take the necessary action.
• Ensure that a comprehensive SAR plan is prepared and distributed to relevant SAR Mission Units.
• Maintain SAR database containing SAR reference material, SAR case files and a SAR library.
• Compile SAR statistics and conduct and review SAR case studies for lessons learnt.
• Ensure formal training and experience of ARCC staff to enable proper SAR response.
• Ensure study of SAR procedures, techniques and equipment through lectures, demonstrations, films and SAR manuals and journals.
• Participate in large events such as regattas, air shows, safety evenings, lectures at flight schools, flying clubs and public awareness campaigns to raise awareness of preventative SA