• National diploma qualification in Electrical Engineering (Light current)
• Train the Trainer and /OJTI qualification from an approved institution will be an advantage.
• Minimum period of 3 years’ experience in the operation, maintenance and support of Communication; Navigation; Surveillance or ATM systems.
Desirable additional work experience and personal qualities
• Assessor and Moderator qualification from an approved institution will be an added advantage
• Experience in licensing, testing and calibration of appropriate ATM /CNS equipment as governed by ICAO standards and recommended practices.
• Ability to deliver engineering training of all courses in Communication /Navigation /Surveillance discipline.
• Knowledge and working experience in conducting research on new or re-engineered product offerings.
• Conversant in Microsoft Office Applications and LINUX /UNIX.
• Familiar with Learning Management Systems such as Moodle, Blackboard. Sakai etc.
Required competencies and skills
• Analysis / Problem assessment.
• Investigative orientation.
• Customer service orientation.
• Judgement / Problem solving.
• Information monitoring.
• Self-management (planning, prioritizing & time management).
• Ability to impart knowledge and concepts.
• Understand and ensure confidentiality.
• Planning and organising skills.
• Teamwork / Collaboration.
• A high level of Technical / Professional knowledge /Systems level thinking.
• Good Verbal / Written communication /Presentation skills.
• Computer literacy.
• An active and enquiring mind.
• Passionate about people development.
• Ability to work under pressure and independently.