Engineering Instructor - Surveillance
Listing reference: atns_000063
Listing status: Under Review
Apply by: 29 March 2021
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
Job category: Electronic Engineer
Location: Kempton Park
EE position: Yes
Applications are invited for the position of Engineering Instructor (Peromnes Grade 9) based at the Aviation Training Academy. The successful applicant will be reporting to the Manager – Engineering Training.
- Course content preparation and presentation of courses that comply with QMS procedures and curricula/syllabi
- Testing and assessments of students is conducted in compliance with QMS procedures and curricula/syllabi
- Ensuring that courses are completed on schedule as per course programme.
- Conducting course interviews /debriefing to obtain feedback from delegates.
- Ability to present all courses within area of discipline
- Moderating engineering training material/s within field of knowledge to determine validity, sufficiency, content and quality
- Corrective /remedial measures are addressed swiftly in terms of inadequate /incorrect /irrelevant content in the training material
- Moderation of assessment tools
- Student discipline is continuously maintained
- Ensure students comply with all OHAS requirements applicable to the delivery and administration of training interventions.
· Assist students with their individual training issues when required
- Continuous individual development takes place with an endeavour to become a Subject Matter Expert on products offered within area(s) of responsibility.
- Research activities are conducted to ensure that high quality products are offered to enhance department’s product offering.
- Compiling a Comprehensive Report and Implementation Plan on research conducted in the external professional environment (formal and informal training, conferences, seminars etc.)
- Determining and applying appropriate research methodologies for research.
- analysing results /conclusions to formulate new concepts and ideas.
- Conducting in-depth research and providing engineering support to the development of courses within and outside CNS environment.
- Observation and study of new instructional techniques for lecture, Instructions and laboratory courses
- The use of technology where applicable to enhance the learning environment
- Conduct training needs analysis (TNA) on training product offerings as and when required by client
- Provide the necessary support for Engineering training in specialist aviation and associated disciplines.
- National diploma qualification in Electrical Engineering (Light current)
- Train the Trainer and /OJTI qualification from an approved institution.
- 3 years’ experience in the operation, maintenance and support of Communication; Navigation; Surveillance or ATM systems