ATNS is responsible for air traffic control in approximately 10% of the worlds airspace. Over and above traditional air traffic control, we also provide aeronautical information for planning purposes, search and rescue coordination services, the maintenance of a reliable navigation infrastructure, training services, and many more.
To be the preferred supplier of air traffic, navigation, training and associated services to the African continent and surrounding regions.
To provide safe, orderly, expeditious and efficient air traffic, navigation, training and associated services.
Applications are invited for the position Procurement Specialist (Grade 8) at Bruma. The successful applicant will be reporting to the Manager: Strategic Procurement.
Main purpose of the job
To ensure procurement efficiency and to comply with good corporate governances.
- To monitor competency through proficiency assessments and audits to ensure complaints to the BEE and procurement policy.
- To foresee the adherence of ATNS to the PFMA and other statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To develop a criterion for an approved supplier and maintain the approved supplier base.
- Record the status of all suppliers on a procurement data base and apply relevant criteria.
- Maintain the BEE score per supplier on the financial system (e.g. excel spreadsheet for quick calculation on BEE).
- Develop and maintain a BEE procurement statistics report.
- To develop a user-friendly form in terms of supplier verification which will include bank details, vat number and contact person
- To establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supplier’s as and when required which will include sites visits should it be required to do so.
- To negotiate with preferential suppliers for better payments terms and prices.
- Identify possible volume purchases at lower prices within certain period.
- Do tender process on previous identified volume purchases.
- Evaluate and recommend volume purchases suppliers to System Accountant.
- Bi annual best quotes obtained as well as quality of goods or services obtained.
- Reduce number of suppliers: (e.g. assessment on all existing suppliers to check for duplication on services).
- A needs assessment to ensure that goods or services are acquired in order to deliver the agreed service, ensuring the supplying industry has been analyzed).
- To monitor and ensure that supplies are reviewed on their performance annually.
- ATNS BEE approval and annual verification.
B degree or national diploma in supply chain management or equivalent
4-6 Years in procurement – knowledge of current BEE policies, PFMA and other relevant government supply chain management legislations, as well as setting up policies and procedures