Applications are invited for the position of Solutions Architect (Grade 8) based at Bruma. The successful applicants will be reporting to the Senior Manager: Applications.
• Contribute to the overall architectural and technical vision of the organization.
• Define and maintain the Solutions Architecture Framework.
• Define the strategic solution architecture for the suite of enterprise solutions covering full stack application development, data architectures, integration patterns, and enterprise work management.
• Establish reference architectures, road maps, standards, best practices, and design patterns for enterprise solutions.
• Lead the development of the digital platform strategy and ensure enterprise applications, data and infrastructure initiatives support enterprise privacy, data and access and identity governance policy by specifying standards around data transport and APIs.
• Define, implement and maintain agile software/solutions development and DevOps practices and related technologies and toolsets.
• Life Cycle Management planning and execution for both IT infrastructure and applications.
• Produce and maintain pertinent architecture documents, solution designs, and conduct EA reviews at key points in the SDLC.
• Aligns new solutions to the defined architectural principles, design and integration standards.
• Conduct architecture/solution feasibility assessments which include but not limited to:
o Technical & solution discovery processes
o Technical and architecture evaluations including cloud deployment models in alignment with the adopted or best-practice cloud adoption strategies
o Cost model analysis
• Ensure quality of solutions meet technical and operational requirements
• Partner with business stakeholders and users to obtain consensus in core solutions vision, mission and desired outcome within the defined technology constraints.
• Liaise with the users, software developers, business analysts and third-party vendors and suppliers during requirements analysis and solution development and implement phases.
• Participate in and represent the IT department in enterprise technology forum, IT steering committee and related technology governance forums